SCHUCHART is seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our team. This individual will be joining a talented group of construction professionals in a locally owned company with deep roots in the Seattle construction market.
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall field work on the company’s most sizable projects and ensuring that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction.
The Superintendent typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and coordinate Schuchart’s trade contractors and their sub-contractors, when required, to ensure they turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Supervise the construction of a large project or multiple projects
- Supervise and develop the project team
- Manage the project budget for general conditions and site services
- Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to coordinate trades, plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Monitor safety performance and verify safety compliance with all trades; act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
- Conduct maintenance and planning of “work-arounds,” shutdowns and tie-ins
- Lead contractor meetings, oversee daily reports and document on a regular basis
- Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
- Coordinate and manage job site logistics
- Oversee project quality plan and implement necessary changes
- Resolve jurisdictional disputes
- Establish credibility among Owners and trade contractors by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- 10+ years experience as a Construction Superintendent on large commercial projects
- Experience working on projects valued over $50 million
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Must possess the ability to participate in sales process, interviews and presentations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Bluebeam
- Construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of construction safety processes and ability to enforce the project safety plan
- Ability to create an environment where “safety first” is the culture and all trades people work with an incident and injury free attitude
- Experience supervising a project team
- Knowledge of labor relations
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health benefits and generous 401k match.
Schuchart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and criminal background check.