Schuchart is seeking a Division Manager to lead commercial construction projects. This senior leadership role provides a unique opportunity to join an established organization with multiple offices in the Pacific Northwest, that prides itself on delivering high value construction services while developing long -term client relationships.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur and innovator with ideas to improve, expand and grow an Operating Division and strengthen the Schuchart brand. This is an opportunity to truly make a difference, to do business the way you think business should be done, and to contribute leadership and mentorship skills, working shoulder-to-shoulder with our hardworking team.
Schuchart offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and generous 401(k) match. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and criminal background check.
Ten plus years of experience in the commercial construction industry in a leadership role including experience as a Project Manager. Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field. Must demonstrate proficiency in management and servant leadership skills, effective oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, decision-making ability, strong planning and organizational ability. Must have the following computer skills: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of SharePoint. Basic estimating skills preferred. Knowledge of project financials and reporting policies required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with management in developing and setting annual financial goals (revenue and profit) for the division.
- Develop a plan to meet annual divisional financial goals.
- Responsible for the profit and loss for the division.
- Work with management in developing, communicating and implementing annual budget for the division and monitor progress and report deviations with recovery quarterly.
- Create marketing strategy to strengthen market position for continued growth of the division.
- Represent company in new business opportunities through contact with individuals who are a critical part of new project opportunities. Secure follow-up work with existing clients based on past performance.
- Manage and direct day-to-day operations of the division staff in line with established policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and direct day-to-day operations of the division to ensure compliance with Schuchart Accident and Injury Prevention Program as well as all applicable OSHA and WISHA standards.
- Lead and delegate project teams by providing guidance and direction, reviewing their estimates, schedules, contracts, work plans, risk management and checking on any reported difficulties, and correcting any other reported deficiencies.
- Oversee performance of projects to ensure safety, quality, profitability and timely execution of work.
- Ensure division is staffed appropriately to effectively manage workload and provide outstanding customer service while meeting revenue and profit goals.
- Identify training needs of personnel within division. Provide development opportunities, which enable employees to grow in their position, and their development within the company.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all staff members within the division in accordance with company policies and procedures and conduct periodic check-in meetings throughout the year to confirm progress of areas needing improvement.
- Establish goals for each employee within the division that will help ensure their individual personal growth and long term career plans while benefiting the company and its goals. Periodically evaluate progress and adjust as necessary.
- Regular communication with client to ensure we are meeting their needs and delivering the project they envision.
- Review and gain thorough understanding of contract terms. Negotiate contracts with clients.
- Ensure effective scheduling of all items/actions required to complete a project on time and on budget.
- Responsible for developing a strong team within the division and building continuity within the group by way of team building activities, regular appearances at jobsites, team meetings, lunches, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Attend OAC meetings as necessary to show support and guidance to staff and provide a level of confidence to the ownership group for the project.
- Take a lead role in identifying and developing new clients while implementing appropriate plans and strategies to build upon and improve existing client relationships.
- Meet with President, VP of Operations, VP of Strategy and CFO for monthly Snapshot meetings to review project financials and overall progress of division. Identify any projects that may be in trouble and resolution for getting back on track.
- Review monthly AR reports and ensure timely collection of project billings.
- Report identified potential business risk elements and design and implement mitigation efforts.
- Build and maintain relationships within industry leaders, associations and organizations.
- Exercise global decision making by considering other departments within the company such as project management, sales, estimating, accounting, purchasing, etc.
- Manage department planning and decision making.
- Project staffing requirements and oversees project team requirements. Recruit, develop and retain high performing employees.
- Train, mentor and manage first level people supervisors and managers in effective manner to attain team goals.
- Communicate company and department goals, policies, plans and priorities formally and informally.
- Act as a steward of Schuchart culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
- Assist in the formation and implementation of standard operating procedures with other Division Managers and Partners.
- Uphold corporate policy on Equal Employment Opportunity and makes a good faith effort to comply with terms set forth in Affirmative Action Plans submitted for government-funded projects.
- Consult with Senior Project Manager and Project Manager on constructability reviews of projects during the design phase.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the President and/or VP of Operations.
- Support divisional employee’s opportunity for community involvement and furthering their education.
- Must maintain CPR card and be OSHA 30 trained.
At Schuchart, our mission is to use our five generations of diverse experience, our deep knowledge-base, and our unrelenting customer focus to create lasting projects and relationships in our community and beyond. We work at the leading edge of problem-solving and sustainable thinking, balancing innovation with the relevant needs of every project and every client. And we foster a thriving culture that is as demanding as it is empowering, because we believe the integrity of our team sets us apart as much as their expertise.
Schuchart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.