Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the goal of transforming the way finance and business advice are provided in underserved markets. We are a mission-driven advisory firm that works at the enterprise and ecosystem levels to drive impact in communities across the US. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, we provide strategic and capital solutions to revitalize communities, grow businesses, and create jobs. Our work includes directly serving small businesses and nonprofits to help them grow, as well as partnering to create sustainable economic development solutions at the ecosystem level with forward-thinking institutional partners.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in Boston, New York City, and Chicago.
Next Street Client Solutions is looking for a high-performing Managing Associate who will work closely with Firm leadership to lead engagements serving small businesses, non-profits, anchor institutions, and government agencies.
- Developing and managing long-term advisory relationships with client executives
- Collaborating across Next Street offices and communities of practice to design and implement client solutions that improve their strategy, finance, leadership, and organizational effectiveness
- Leading problem-solving and recommendation-development, and spearheading implementation initiatives
- Structuring and overseeing complex qualitative and quantitative business, market, financial, and organizational analysis
- Developing compelling client deliverables in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Managing 3-5 active client engagement teams, including developing and managing project plans and teams on a day to day basis
- Managing project quality and profitability
- Actively supporting and driving business development efforts to attract new clients and augment existing relationships
- Leading Firm knowledge development, codification, and dissemination through Next Street’s communities of practice
- Managing talent; responsible for performance management, individual guidance, and development for direct reports
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in business, finance, organizational development, or other relevant field beneficial
- 5-7+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm, including background in financial services and/or strategy development
- 2+ years managing delivery teams, with demonstrated thought and client leadership
- Desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- Commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead others, the work, and the organization
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of maturity and presence with clients
- Ability to identify business development opportunities within client work, with a track record of cultivating opportunities and generating incremental revenue
- Strong desire to learn through work across industries, client segments, and communities of practice
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.