Next Street Client Solutions
Whether working with small businesses and non-profits or large institutions and government and economic development organizations, we deliver solutions to clients that advance organizations’ strategy, growth, and impact. Our multidisciplinary team approaches delivery with a generalist model, where all members participate and contribute their expertise to a variety of client solutions, including strategic and financial planning, operational improvement, organizational and effectiveness, and economic development strategies.
As part of our delivery team, you will work closely with our clients to drive tangible impact, serving as a trusted advisor at all levels of their organizations. As a small firm we offer opportunities to stretch into new leadership roles with our clients and across the Firm.
Next Street Client Solutions is looking for a high-performing Managing Associate who will work closely with Firm leadership to lead engagements serving small businesses, non-profits, anchor institutions, and government agencies. The Managing Associate position is open in our Chicago office, which is quickly expanding from its official opening in January of 2016. We are looking for a Managing Associate who embraces an entrepreneurial environment, has the ability to build in-market relationships, and thrives in a fast-paced setting.
- Developing and managing long-term advisory relationships with client executives
- Collaborating across Next Street offices and communities of practice to design and implement client solutions that improve their strategy, finance, leadership, and organizational effectiveness
- Leading problem-solving and recommendation-development, and spearheading implementation initiatives
- Structuring and overseeing complex qualitative and quantitative business, market, financial, and organizational analysis
- Developing compelling client deliverables in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Managing 3-5 active client engagement teams, including developing and managing project plans and teams on a day to day basis
- Managing project quality and profitability
- Actively supporting and driving business development efforts to attract new clients and augment existing relationships
- Leading Firm knowledge development, codification, and dissemination through Next Street’s communities of practice
- Contributing to the Chicago market’s revenue and profitability growth goals
- Managing talent; responsible for performance management, individual guidance, and development for direct reports
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in business, finance, organizational development, or other relevant field beneficial
- 5-7+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm, including a background in financial services and/or strategy development
- 2+ years managing delivery teams, with demonstrated thought and client leadership
- Experience analyzing and projecting financial statements, understanding public and private financial markets, determining completing company valuations, and/or structuring capital (debt and equity) for nonprofit and/or for profit entities
- A desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- A demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- A commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead others, the work, and the organization
- A proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of maturity and presence with clients
- Ability to identify business development opportunities within client work, with a track record of cultivating opportunities and generating incremental revenue
- A strong desire to continuously learn through work across industries, client segments, and communities of practice
- A deep passion for impact investing and/or community and economic development
- An understanding of the local Chicago market social, non-profit, political, and/or financial ecosystem
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.