Based in Cape Town, the Mechanical Design Engineer provides technical expertise to effectively complete the project requirements. This role extends to ensuring that there is effective communication and transfer of information to the relevant draughting section.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Btech Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ post graduate experience
- Experience in the design of Diamond, Gold and Base Metal (Copper, Chrome, Tin, etc.) Process Plant with specific reference to:
- Grinding circuits
- Classification circuits
- Gravity Concentration circuits
- Flotation & Concentrate Handling circuits
- Leaching circuits
- Elution & Gold Room circuits
- Reagents circuits
- DMS Plants
- Diamond Recoveries
Responsibilities (not exclusive)
- Ensure that designs comply with the applicable project-specified codes and standards.
- Ensure that designs comply with process, project and client requirements.
- Prepare and review of mechanical equipment specifications and data sheets.
- Assist with the Technical review and evaluation of tenders and prepare recommendations.
- Assist with plant layout design and co-ordination of drafting resources in the preparation of drawing deliverables.
- Review of vendor certified documentation.
- Prepare and review engineering lists, MTO’s and estimates.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a multi-disciplinary, team environment.
Should you be interested in this challenging opportunity, please email your updated comprehensive CV to Heather Viviers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not receive any feedback within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.