Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Group / Project: Engineering
Location: Cape Town
Reporting To: Manager of Engineering
Direct Reports (Project Specific):
The Mechanical Engineer will primarily work under the direct supervision of the Senior Design Engineer, Lead Design Engineers and Principal Design Engineers or when required under the Head of Mechanical or Manager of Engineering.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with ensuring that the designs comply with with the applicable project specific codes and standards.
- Assist with ensuring that the design comply with the process, project and client requirements.
- Assist with preparing and reviewing of mechanical equipment specifications and data sheets.
- Assist with the Technical review and evaluation of tenders and prepare recommendations.
- Assist with preparing and reviewing engineering lists.
- Be able to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Must have more than 3-5 years experience in the layout and design of Gold and Base Metal (Copper, Chrome, Tin) process plant with specific reference to:
- Crushing circuits
- Grinding circuits
- Classification circuits
- Gravity Concentration circuits
- Flotation & Concentrate Handling circuits
- Leaching circuits
- Elution & Gold Room circuits
- Reagents circuits
- Water circuits