At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Qualifications: Qualifications: Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program from an accredited school. Current CPR certification or must obtain certification. Working knowledge of medical terminology, good computer and customer service skills. Must be 18 years or older. Must be great at working with others. Must be willing to work at any of our three locations, Pleasant Grove, Eagle Mountain and Provo.
- Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Facilitates good patient care under the supervision of physician.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Maintains patient records and other information.
- Administers medications as ordered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits compassion and courtesy towards patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Listens and provides information in a concise, accurate and courteous manner.
- Responds promptly and professionally to patient’s needs.
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies, HIPAA and OSHA regulations. Protects each patient’s privacy by keeping information confidential.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, assists in obtaining patient histories, measures vital signs, records information in patient record.
- Ensures all pertinent information is available to physician (i.e.: list of meds, lab results, medication allergies, etc).
- Gives injections.
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms. Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Triages phone messages from patients.
- Reviews information with physician and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Schedules tests and procedures.
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies when needed.
- Calls test results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Clinic policies and procedures.
- Some travel between clinics may be required.
Other duties and assignments as needed:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work as a team player – recognizing that each person’s contributions are integral to the delivery of excellent patient care.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.