At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
This position is responsible for the billing and collection of patient insurance due balance and will directly contribute to reaching goals related to the Business Office benchmarks: 90 day insurance aging, AWF (analyst work file) SOP%, audits and productivity.
Job Duties and responsibilities
- Work the AWF (Analyst Work File, excel spreadsheet) daily as a means to decreasing A/R days, resolving denied insurance claims, and following through on outstanding claims until payment in full is received from the insurance
- Request, prepare, and send claims to insurance companies
- Adjust account charges due to insurance contract requirements, payment reversals/transfers, misapplied charges or insurance refunds
- Document all activity accurately and immediately in the computer
- Identify trends and the root causes for issues and present ideas for process improvement
- Ability to use clinic software proficiently
- Work independently as well as on a team. Contribute actively to the setting and achievement of personal, team and department goals and benchmarks
- Attend meetings; department staff meetings, insurance company provider relations meetings, team meetings, and any other meetings as assigned
- Abide strictly by HIPAA law by maintaining confidentiality and only accessing information as needed for job functions
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or business office management team
- High School diploma/GED
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving skills and follow-through skills
- Team player; ability to communicate excellent with others in written and verbal communications
- Understanding of accounts receivable process
- Basic understanding of medical services and insurance companies
- Intermediate level experience using MS office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Keyboarding skills
- Previous accounts receivable experience in medical billing and the insurance claims process