Phlebotomist - Family Medicine
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Qualifications: Phlebotomy certified, fantastic people skills, follows procedures
• Greets patients, reviews lab request form, and prepares specimen labels.
• Confirms that patient has met dietary requirements for prescribed test and that the correct test has been ordered.
• Collects blood samples from adults and children using venipuncture or capillary puncture.
• Processes blood specimen using preservative or anti-coagulant as required by test procedures.
• Instructs patients regarding the collection and packaging of other specimens such as urine, semen, and feces.
• May perform waived testing (urine dips) as part of patient preparation for specimen collection.
• Affixes labels on specimens and prepares specimens for shipment to appropriate laboratory for testing.
• Arranges for special specimen transport when necessary.
• Disposes of biological waste, needles, and related hazardous materials.
• Communicates with medical, clinical, and technical staff to resolve problems regarding specimens.
• Follows defined laboratory procedures and maintains awareness of changes to procedures.
• Performs administrative duties such as preparation of reports and the storage of laboratory and office supplies.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• Minimum one (1) year of phlebotomy experience that includes, patient reception, and related clerical duties.
• Graduation from a phlebotomy program OR medical assistant program that includes phlebotomy training.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
• License, Certification, Registration
• BLS Certification or completion of BLS certification within six (6) months after employment required.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Phlebotomy certification by ASCP or other nationally recognized agency preferred.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results