Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Radiology, Provo/Salem/American Fork
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Qualifications: The primary purpose of the Diagnostic Radiology Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant position is to provide diagnostic and therapeutic patient care under the direct supervision of a physician. The scope is patient management before, during and after diagnostic and therapeutic radiological procedures in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care.
• Under the guidance, supervision and discretion of the supervising physician, the Radiolgy NP/PA will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Plays an integral role in the patient management team. This will include above average telephone and personal communication skills for consultation with patients, physicians, nurses and other medical team members.
• Administers and/or order intravenous medications and contrast media, under the supervision of a physician.
• Evaluates medical images, review preliminary reports and images with a supervising physician, and prepare technical reports that will be reviewed and signed off by the supervising physician.
• Continuously availability of direct communication in person, by radio, telephone, fax, e-mail, teleradiology or other telecommunications between the PA/NP and the physician.
• Responsible for gaining consents for procedures, History & Physicals for patients requiring conscious sedation, pre/post procedure orderwriting, dictating in Powerscribe/PACS, and discharge planning/follow-up for any patients.
• Bachelors Degree
• Graduation from an accredited NP/PA formal education program
• Licensed in the state of Utah
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results