Medical Assistant - Radiation Oncology
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
• Completion of and certification from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
• CPR certification (or completed within 4 months of hiring)
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to bend, reach lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally is required. Ability to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Demonstrate excellent computer, telephone and communication skills.
• Outstanding customer service, organization and attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter, a team player, dependable, friendly and professional and be able to multi-task and work efficiently while remaining calm and productive.
• Previous medical experience preferred.
Description : This is a great opportunity to work in a respected practice as a certified medical assistant. Successful candidate must maintain a professional image in the office and in all communications. Must be able to multi-task while maintaining good patient and staff relations and providing outstanding customer service.
• Facilitates quality patient care under the supervision of the provider.
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
• Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
• Helps with office procedures, injections, etc., as requested.
• Answers and triages phone calls and messages from patients. Reviews messages with physicians and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Communicates test and lab results and transmits other information from provider to patient. Answers questions as appropriate.
• Schedules appointments and follow-up as needed; submits prescriptions per provider instructions. • Works with insurance companies, pharmacies, suppliers as needed.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps exam rooms clean and patient ready.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps exam room equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to clinic and professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Maintains CPR certification.
• Other duties as assigned.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results