At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
- Strong interpersonal, prioritization and organization skills are necessary.
- Must be proficient on computers.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain certification within 4 months of hire.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work as a team player.
- Must be able to react calmly and effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
- Exhibits compassion and courtesy towards patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Responds promptly, professionally and courteously to patient’s needs.
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, measures vital signs, interviews patients and ensures all pertinent information is recorded and available to the provider. (i.e.: list of meds, lab results, medication allergies, etc.).
- Assists the physician in examining the patient and records the exam electronically on behalf of the physician.
- Manipulates electronic templates to fit the needs of the specific doctor.
- Completes all office notes and obtains electronic signature from the attending physician.
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms that are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Schedules tests and procedures. Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies when needed.
- Works with coder in providing information for periodic billing audits. Follows up on audit results and implements changes where necessary.
- Calls results and relates messages to patients as indicated by a provider in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Documents all activities in the EMR, create and maintain tasks for all open activities so that other staff can work the activity when you or the provider is not in the office.
- Perform nurse visit activities as a backup (blood draws, UDS, PFT, Audio, BAT, wound checks).
- X-Rays when needed
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Facilitates good patient care under the supervision of physician. Assigned to a provider. Begins patient’s notes prior to the office visit. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary technology. Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments. Administers medications as ordered. Maintains patient records and other information as requested by the physician. Records the office visits via electronic templates on behalf of physician. Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.