Certified Medical Coder - Provo or St. George
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
The Certified Coding Specialist is key to helping Revere Health achieve organizational goals and objectives through charge entry, patient visit reconciliation, and coding patient accounts using diagnosis codes, ICD-9 codes, and HCPCS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coding/auditing charges before they are submitted to insurance.
• Contribute actively to setting and achieving personal and department goals.
• Attend meetings; department staff meetings, insurance company provider relations meetings, and any team meetings
• Abide strictly by HIPAA law by maintaining confidentiality and only accessing information as needed for job functions
• Resolve pre/post coding denials, analyze and complete scrubber edits • Resolve un-reconciled visits by obtaining necessary information for coding
• Stay current on coding education and regulations to ensure accurate coding work is performed
• Identify trends and root causes and suggest process changes to prevent continued problems.
• Other duties as required.
• AAPC or AHIMA Coding Certifications
• High School Diploma/GED
• Critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, follow-through skills, and the ability to see "the big picture"
• Intermediate level experience using MS Office, particularly Excel or must pass Excel Training Module within 90 days
• Must be able to learn and operate a variety of complicated computer programs
• Ability to work well on a team and as an individual
• Understand insurance policies and procedures
• Understand coding terminology and uses; CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, basic modifiers, etc.
• Minimum 1 year medical billing experience.
Note: Position may require occasional travel to St. George.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results