- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of Utah
- Minimum one year experience in PACU
- CPR and ACLS certifications required
- PALS certification preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Have the ability to assess patient needs and provide the appropriate care
- At times be able to work under stressful situations
- Good computer skills
We are looking for a hard-working PACU RN with strong customer service and multitasking skills for a busy surgery center. Must have a great desire to provide patients and medical staff with the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patients on admission to PACU: airway patency, respirations, vital signs, level of consciousness according to Aldrete scale.
- Manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a professional manner. Respond promptly and professionally to needs of patients.
- Carry out physician/anesthesia orders.
- Maintain PACU in state of readiness at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in guest relations.
- Assist in post-op calls.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure the rights of patients are protected.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations, recognizing the need for assistance and obtaining support for anesthesia personnel and/or physician as needs..
- Responsible for complete and thorough performance of assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.