SVP, Accounting/Chief Accounting Officer
|Location:||Los Angeles (Headquarters)|
|# of openings:||1|
Los Angeles based Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking an SVP, Accounting/Chief Accounting Officer. Reporting to the CFO, this is a unique opportunity for an accomplished leader to join and influence a fast-paced, high growth, diverse, and highly profitable company.
- Responsible for overall accounting for the Internet Brands consolidated group which includes businesses in the Health (e.g., WebMD), Legal (e.g., Martindale Hubbell), and Automotive (e.g., Carsdirect) verticals with over $1B of revenue.
- Oversee team at headquarters (in El Segundo, CA) and divisional controllers/teams across multiple businesses/locations across the US.
- Set accounting policies across all business models in the health, legal, automotive and other verticals for the company.
- Oversee company’s tax department including managing external tax advisor(s) and having overall responsibility for annual/quarterly federal and state income taxes,annual tax provisions, sales and use tax, and all tax strategy/policies for the company.
- Manage external auditors and annual audit process.
- Provide key inputs and manage quarterly internal valuations for the company.
- Responsible for all external reporting to lenders, banks, and equity holders including quarterly and annual detailed reporting packages.
- Overall responsibility for all accounting and tax aspects of acquisitions including.
- Due diligence.
- Onboarding and integration.
- Manage external valuations and purchase price allocations and external auditors.
- Report to CFO of Internet Brands.
- Roll up your sleeves executive.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute with precision.
- Partnership and corporate tax experience a plus.
- Experience with acquisitions, buying and selling of businesses a plus.
- Digital media/software/Saas a plus.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Solid management and mentoring skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills with orientation to detail.
- Problem solver who is self motivated, has initiative and is goal oriented, adaptable and creative.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Dynamics Great Plains helpful.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of
our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet
and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet
Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for
almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while
embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to
reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration
and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the
innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2121
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: VP, Vice President, Director,Finance, Accounting, Audit, Controller, Jobs, Online
|Back to Search Results