|Location:||Los Angeles (Headquarters)|
|# of openings:||1|
Internet Brands is looking for an experienced accountant who really likes to get into the details of the operation and provide insights to the business.
Responsible for delivering carve-out financials and metrics each month for a newly formed joint venture (“JV”). Role includes:
- Calculating carve-out financials from the Health vertical.
- Estimating financials wherever actuals are not available in the time required by the JV close schedule.
- Maintaining all necessary sub-ledgers for the financials such as AR details, AP details, fixed assets, etc.
- Explaining variances in financials.
- Maintaining parity of accounting principles with JV.
- Collecting and consolidating all KPI’s from the IB finance team and consolidating into a single package for delivery to JV, including review of the KPI’s for reasonableness along with Director of Finance, Health.
- Answering any questions asked by the JV finance team or corporate finance team.
- Writing accounting memos to support positions taken on various accounting topics.
- Proposing and implementing process changes and other changes as required to support the creation of the carve-out financials.
- Partnering with the management teams to fully understand their businesses in order to best represent their operations through financials and KPI’s.
- Participating in project to migrate all financial activity from IB to JV over time.
- Leading any audit coordination between IB and JV.
- Support ad hoc projects as required by the JV.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (preferred).
- Experience with Cash Flow Analysis (preferred).
- CPA license or on track to obtain CPA license (preferred).
- 4-6 years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as Great Plains Dynamics.
- GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills, and ability to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast- paced dynamic environment.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2064
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Senior Accountant, Senior Analyst, Accounting, Finance, Los Angeles, Net, Web, Online
|Back to Search Results