Internet Brands, Inc. is searching for a Director, Business Insights who will partner with our vertical business units to drive operational insights and optimization. This role will be responsible for helping to develop solutions to complex business issues by leading in-depth analyses using research, data insights, and testing to diagnose root causes and provide possible solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the key business drivers across Internet Brands major vertical businesses.
- Partner with vertical business units to analyze business issues, including assist in defining project scope, recommending approaches, and managing execution of major strategic projects.
- Manage complex projects with multiple work streams and multiple stakeholders; coordinate and facilitate strategy discussions with senior leaders.
- Drive primary research including questionnaire design, structuring and developing research hypotheses, interview process, internal and external subject matter expert consultation, and development of overall findings.
- Ensure the logic, accuracy, and appropriate scope of fact bases with which to inform strategic analyses
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Manage and develop team members who have a variety of disciplines (analysts, technology, data)
- Work with business teams to identify KPIs and develop actionable reporting to help track performance.
- Work with operational teams to improve yield and conversion through strategic testing.
- Centralize and develop best practices to apply across all business lines.
- Help establish analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems
- Experience in a strategy consulting firm or within a strategic planning/corporate development function in a scaled organization.
- Operational experience in a digital media and / or software company desired.
- Experience with primary research a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience.
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly managing and developing associates in this skill set.
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully managing a cross functional team.
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1723
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords:Business Intelligence Manager, BI, Business Intelligence, Analyst, Data Reporting Manager, Los Angeles, Jobs