Nolo is the nation’s leading provider of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce websites, books, online apps, and software. Since the company was acquired by Internet Brands in 2011, the Nolo brand has expanded to include legal websites in many topic areas.
We are looking for a lawyer with experience in one or more of the following practice areas to write and edit legal content for the public:
- personal injury (including mass torts, medical malpractice, automobile accidents, or product liability)
- Social Security or long-term disability, and
- workers’ compensation.
This role offers a nontraditional career in law and the opportunity for work-life balance. The editor will write and edit content for Nolo’s websites and update existing books and articles.
The applicant must:
- have a law degree from an accredited law school
- have at least three years’ experience as a practicing attorney in one or more of the practice areas above
- have excellent writing and editing skills, particularly for a nonlegal audience
- be comfortable writing and editing online content
- work well with other people, be able to juggle several projects at once, and be able to meet deadlines
- be capable of supervising and managing the workflow of freelance writers
- be well organized and detail-oriented, and
- possess excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Word and Excel.
Applicants MUST submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1598
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com and www.nolo.com
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Nolo is a leading provider of plain-English legal information and products for consumers and businesses. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, Nolo focuses most of its efforts on its award-winning website, which features extensive free content, online tools and a consumer-friendly lawyer directory. Nolo also develops market-leading software, online legal forms, and print and ebooks. Nolo was founded in 1971 by two legal aid attorneys who set out to demystify the law for people who couldn’t afford lawyers. Since then Nolo has produced over 20 million plain-English legal guides across all areas of the law.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Legal, Editorial, Editor, Web, Writer, Net, Internet, Online, Lawyer, Research, Berkeley, Internet Research, Jobs, Legal Editor