Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a motivated web-savvy Online Brand Manager to be responsible for driving the strategic direction and day-to-day business operations associated with a portfolio of web properties.
We are looking for someone with passion, energy, intellect and drive that can bring fresh ideas, an analytical mind and a dedication to growing the portfolio of sites. This is a great opportunity for a strong web business professional with experience prioritizing activities, leading both internal and external partners, and a passion for consumer facing web properties.
- Manage employees and contractors responsible for day-to-day operations of sites: sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, etc.
- Learn as much as possible about the industry associated with your sites and utilize this information to drive decision making.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow website traffic in a profitable manner.
- Develop key business requirements for feature development on the sites and work closely with designers and developers to implement.
- Identify relevant business models and work to build partnerships and relationships to grow revenues associated with the models.
- Track, analyze and understand the implications of all the sites’ associated metrics.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives, managing and developing direct reporting staff, and managing departmental budgets.
- Highly analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and making or recommending decisions based on those metrics.
- Excellent communications – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion.
- Strong Business Sense - an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities. Understanding of web monetization is a very strong plus.
- Practical – you value getting stuff done more than the big idea.
- Team Player – a sincere willingness to place the team above yourself. Able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships and share knowledge.
- Webby - a natural inquisitiveness to what is happening online and how that may be incorporated into your own portfolio of sites. In addition, a familiarity with web technologies and how to manage feature development is a plus.
This is a great opportunity for a strong web business leader with strong experience prioritizing activities, leading both internal and external partners, and a passion for consumer facing web properties.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.\
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=773
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: General Manager, GM, Website Operations, Online, Net, Health, Analytic, Analytical, Consumer Facing Web Properties, Sales, Customer Service, Account Management, Content Creation, Product Development, Consumer, Partnerships, Traffic, Monetization, Product Development
Manager of Online Strategy and Product, Manager Online Business Operations, Business, Online, Net, Web, Internet, Ops, Biz Ops, Business Operations, P&L, Websites, Division Manager, Monetization, Development, Business Development