Demandforce has an opening for an outstanding Instructional Designer and Trainer, Operations. The position will work from the El Segundo office, in an energy-filled startup environment, with a motivated team that is getting results and having fun. This role will report to the Senior Instructional Design Manager. This role will work as an integral part of the Demandforce Operations Training team to support the overall learning and development content and process for Demandforce Operations.
- Design and develop instructional content for both internal and external audiences, including: help articles, standard processes, announcements, videos, walkthroughs, instructor guides, handouts, courses, and e-learnings.
- Deliver instructional content across multiple channels, including: customer-facing help center, internal knowledge base, WalkMe, in-classroom instruction, self-paced learning, and virtual training sessions.
- Deliver a consistent and cohesive voice across all of Demandforce content and documentation, including defining content structure, taxonomy and style.
- Analyze data and work closely with multiple teams to identify content gaps, improvement areas, and training needs, in order to design and deliver content to close gaps quickly and completely.
- Interact with Product Managers, Product Engineers, Subject Matter Experts, and other internal resources on content for new or updated product releases.
- Be a leader on self-serve best practices with a strong interest in training a variety of teams and functions
- Facilitate training sessions using prepared lesson plans and a variety of instructional methods: classroom lectures, group discussions, hands-on activities, role play, and video conferencing with remote participants.
- Evaluate success on various methods and refine future training sessions to improve retention, adoption, and application of learning.
- Become a subject-matter expert in Demandforce client facing content, product offerings, Demandforce training processes, and other support materials to be an expert resource for Internal teams.
- Report analytics on a weekly basis to internal teams as appropriate.
- Stay current on training processes and resources to reinforce learning and support career development.
- Travel (International & Domestic) as needed.
- Successful instructional design experience, including technology focused learning.
- Proven ability to facilitate small and large group training sessions across various roles, levels, and mediums.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting complex topics, ensuring maximum learner comprehension, to both technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Proven ability to conduct assessments to identify, develop, design, and implement effective training programs.
- Ability to determine the most effective delivery methods and evaluate outcomes to adjust instruction as needed.
- Aptitude to continuously learn new features of tools and software.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders ( Product Managers, Care Managers, and Marketing team members, etc).
- Experience delivering training using web and video technology to a mixed audience (in person and remote).
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and technical communication language and principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency and confidence with technology.
- Comfortable receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- Ability to independently conduct research to become a subject matter expert on information to be included in training
- Perform basic project management duties for training projects
- Demonstrated experience developing training materials, including Facilitator and Participant Guides for instructor-led training, self-paced training materials and job aids
- Review and analyze training reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Communications, Writing, or other related field.
- 2 years experience developing and delivering training
- Knowledge of Instructional Design concepts and tools
- Superb writing & verbal communication skills
- Highly-organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Energetic, driven, and eager to learn
- Comfortable with technology and taking risks with new software
- Quick to pick up new concepts, adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Energized by a fast paced environment
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2170
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Instructional Content, Designer, Trainer, Operations Training, Jobs, Online, Web