Internet Brands is looking for a Director of Technical Project Management to manage a complex project portfolio. You will partner with our SVP of Technology to steward key projects within our strategic road map, serving as air-traffic control for our business.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a project management guru – a perfect mix of prioritization genius and organization prowess. You see the big picture, you quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcomes is far more important than your obsession with status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management of web/software projects.
- Work with product, business and development to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Work with internal development team to execute against requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Enhance project management process to accommodate rapidly changing software needs.
- Help mentor junior project managers in terms of SDLC, agile processes, and technical skills.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in a project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization/Marketing principles and best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA/Greenhopper).
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2154
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Director, Technical Project Management, PM, Tech PM, Project Manager, Online, Internet, Los Angeles