Pleasanton based Nolo, a division of Internet Brands, is currently seeking an Associate QA Engineer. We’re looking for a motivated individual with strong Quality Assurance and analytical abilities to be a part of a team of QA Engineers. You’ll be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is based in our office in Pleasanton, CA.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of software and web quality assurance experience, experience in web-based technologies and testing, a background in software/web development, and meticulous attention to detail. Strong test case creation, black box testing, documentation, and communication skills are a must. Previous test automation experience is strongly preferred.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing/test cases/test plans for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Completion a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Unix).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio).
Preferred (Not Required):
- Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Selenium; Squish is a plus).
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
- Experience with the Robot Automation Framework is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Hudson/Jenkins) is a plus.
- Experience with web services automation and load testing tools (ex. NeoLoad or SOAPUI) is a plus.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (ex. PHPUnit) is a plus.
- Experience with GIT/Subversion is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus.
- Experience developing in Java, JSP, PHP, or Python is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented software development/programming is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2081
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Associate QA Engineer, QA Manager, Quality Manager, Quality Assurance, Software QA, Web, Internet, Online, Net, SDLC