Pleasanton based Nolo, a division of Internet Brands, is currently seeking an Associate QA Engineer. We’re looking for a motivated individual with strong Quality Assurance and analytical abilities to be a part of a team of QA Engineers. You’ll be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is based in our office in Pleasanton, CA.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of software and web quality assurance experience, experience in web-based technologies and testing, a background in software/web development, and meticulous attention to detail. Strong test case creation, black box testing, documentation, and communication skills are a must. Previous test automation experience is strongly preferred.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing/test cases/test plans for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Completion a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Unix).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio).
Preferred (Not Required):
- Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Selenium; Squish is a plus).
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
- Experience with the Robot Automation Framework is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Hudson/Jenkins) is a plus.
- Experience with web services automation and load testing tools (ex. NeoLoad or SOAPUI) is a plus.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (ex. PHPUnit) is a plus.
- Experience with GIT/Subversion is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus.
- Experience developing in Java, JSP, PHP, or Python is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented software development/programming is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2081
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Nolo is a leading provider of plain-English legal information and products for consumers and businesses. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, Nolo focuses most of its efforts on its award-winning website, which features extensive free content, online tools and a consumer-friendly lawyer directory. Nolo also develops market-leading software, online legal forms, and print and ebooks. Nolo was founded in 1971 by two legal aid attorneys who set out to demystify the law for people who couldn’t afford lawyers. Since then Nolo has produced over 20 million plain-English legal guides across all areas of the law.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Associate QA Engineer, QA Manager, Quality Manager, Quality Assurance, Software QA, Web, Internet, Online, Net, SDLC