Fodor's Travel seeks an Assistant Editor to join the editorial team. The Assistant Editor will be responsible for a variety of domestic and international travel destinations, overseeing and directing the quality and scope of Fodor's content and all digital and print publications associated with those destinations.
Among other tasks, you will:
- Independently plan, launch, and commission a variety of print and/or digitaldestination updates.
- Find and hire writers, edit copy, and oversee editorial freelancers.
- Review book passes.
- Contribute reviews and articles to Fodors.com;
- follow and be aware of travel industry and destination trends.
- Represent Fodor's at travel industry events.
Other requirements include:
Strong research and communication skills, an understanding of the requirements of multi-platform content, familiarity with a CMS, and willingness to participate in social media such as Twitter and Instagram.
The ideal candidate will have about 2 to 4 years of editorial experience in both print and digital environments, ideally including experience with travel guidebooks; be an entrepreneurial problem-solver who understands the importance of keeping projects on budget and on schedule. Previous experience finding and hiring writers is a plus. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Our editors must be detail-oriented but also able to keep an eye on the big picture. They are:
- Excellent writers who can also edit and improve the work of others.
- Proficient with grammar and punctuation.
- Equally good at editing and administration.
- Have the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Team-oriented, willing to pitch in whenever and wherever they are needed.
- Passionate about travel.
All applicants must submit a letter detailing their travel experience and why Fodor's is of interest along with their resume.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2079
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Travel Editor, Editor, Writer, Web, Internet, Travel, Online, New York