Motorhead Media is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our Auto Classifieds division. We are looking
for someone who will work closely with the product team to develop new features and frameworks for our high-
traffic automotive classifieds websites. You will play an integral role in maintaining and improving site
performance, and mentor development staff as needed. You will be encouraged to take strong ownership of your
work, and given latitude for breaking ground on new ideas.
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- Perform code reviews of your team member’s work.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr).
- MVC frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Yii etc.).
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Knowledge of consuming and creating web services.
- Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Experience with local development tools like Vagrant or Docker.
- Strong understanding of common Git workflows.
- Experience with application profilers (Blackfire, XHProf, etc.)
- Experience with React or Angular is a plus.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Page load optimization.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1997
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.