Los Angeles based, Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a Staff Accountant. This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor and have broad exposure working on many different tasks for a dynamic and growing Company.
- Assists in all phases of closing and reporting including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Maintain appropriate recurring and reversing journal entries, accruals, and prepaid schedules where necessary.
- Analyze variances in income statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Serve as liaison between operations, general accounting, payroll, and FP&A teams to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares audit schedules for interim and annual external audits.
- Assist in special ad-hoc projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (preferred).
- 1-2+ years of accounting experience (preferred).
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as Great Plains Dynamics or similar (preferred)
- GAAP accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills, and ability to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment in the Los Angeles area (El Segundo - near LAX).
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1796
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Accountant, GAAP, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Reconciliations, Projects, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Reporting, Los Angeles, Analysis, Jobs, Online, Internet, Net, Web