Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce websites in the automotive, careers, home, money and business, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions.
Internet Brands' sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards.
We’re looking for a motivated individual with strong leadership potential and proven Quality Assurance abilities to join the QA team. You’ll be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products, and to help manage and coordinate testing between QA resources on multiple continents in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of software quality assurance experience, experience in web-based technologies and testing, a background in software/ web development, and meticulous attention to detail. Strong test case creation, black box testing, documentation, and communication skills are a must. Previous test automation experience is strongly preferred, but on-the job training is available.
- Daily coordination of testing activities with the QA Manager and Project Managers.
- Mentoring and training other QA Engineers.
- Working closely with distributed development resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing/test cases for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created by other QA resources to ensure coverage based on requirements.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Managing stakeholder expectations.
- Developing and executing automated test scripts.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- 2+ years of software quality assurance experience.
- BA/BS from a 4 year college
- Experience testing websites, SaaS, or web-based technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Experience with MySQL and relational databases.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Unix).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio).
Preferred (Not Required):
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited, four-year university is a plus.
- Experience with the vBulletin product is a plus.
- Forum administrator or moderator experience is a plus.
- Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Silk Test, TestComplete) is a plus.
- Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
- Experience with the Robot Automation Framework is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Hudson, Cruise Control, Bamboo) is a plus.
- Experience with Subversion is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented software development/programming is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
Please send resumes to: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1520
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.