Valbin Corporation is a leading language service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence and business sectors.
We are currently seeking a well qualified CAT II/III Turkish and Arabic Linguist for an active contract in the DC metropolitan area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The well-qualified candidate will perform translation, interpretation, and transcription work at a professional level from Turkish and Arabic into English for a government customer. Examples of completed work include: reports, presentations, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication that may be informational or highly technical. Candidates must be able to perform in an on-site government formal office setting with a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES SOUGHT: Turkish ( additional SCLR such as Kurdish or Arabic preferred)
JOB LOCATION: Vienna VA **Changing to Bethesda, MD between May-June
• Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing potentially objectionable material.
• Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and transcriptions of general and technical material.
• Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies.
• Scanning and processing large amounts of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
• Transcription, translation, and interpretation duties.
• MUST have an active final DoD SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI security clearance in JPAS and ability to pass a polygraph
• MUST have experience as a professional linguist performing document and/or media file exploitation.
• MUST be local, or willing to relocate to the DC/MD/VA region at own expense.
• MUST have ILR level scores of 3 or higher in English and Turkish: Listening/Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
• Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred. Experience translating documents from Turkish to English and vice versa for security-related dossier report results from CI/security screening
- Current or prior DIA Secret or TS security clearance access
- General background supporting émigré or refugee displacement and screening
- Former military deployments to CENTCOM AOR