Info. Systems/Technology Engineer Linguist
|Location:||MD - Bethesda|
Valbin Corporation is currently seeking an Information Systems/Technology Engineer Linguist for a potential contract opening in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. This would be a full time position and afford a unique opportunity to work for a recognized Government agency and its priority customers. We anticipate funding of this position in the SEP/OCT 2015 time frame with the work expected to start immediately upon receipt of government funding. Candidates MUST have a current DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and complete a polygraph.
This is a mid-level technical position and all applicants are encouraged to review the position's Qualification Standards carefully before applying due to Government-specified levels of education, certification and prior experience.
• Manage large holdings of data and data products contained within Government client data repositories.
• Operate automated data applications and scripts.
• Download, generate, distribute and post information products to include spreadsheet reports and Quality Control (QC) metrics.
• Manage the quality of a team's data products. Track performance metrics to ensure compliance with QC standards outlined within contractor QCP and the Government's QASP.
• Maintain proficiency to operate a number of specialized applications and browsers to include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, MS Office Suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Manipulate, obtain and process data with Government and commercial applications. Work collaboratively with team members to include Computational, Domain, QC and Screener Linguists; Triage Examiners and Work Flow Linguists.
• Coordinate all work tasks through the contract Assistant Program Manager and PM, and work closely with customer POC for the collections under review.
QUALIFICATIONS:- REQUIRED SKILLS
• MUST be able to successfully pass a government issued background investigation and Polygraph, and obtain/maintain access to highly sensitive and/or classified information at the TS/SCI level
• MUST have experience as a Linguist and be able to obtain ILR level 3 passing Language Proficiency Test Scores in both English and Target Language in listening/speaking, writing and reading categories
• MUST have at least five (5) years' experience with a background in programming and scripting languages
• MUST have at least two (2) years hands on experience developing and manipulating numeric data in MS Excel micros and managing spreadsheet products for customers
• MUST possess a strong Information Systems/IT background as evidenced within candidate's resume experience and have an advanced educational degree in IS/IT with relevant certifications
QUALIFICATIONS:- DESIRED SKILLS
• PLUS if an Arabic linguist with DOMEX experience
• Employment within the Department of Defense, U.S. Special Operations Command, or the Intelligence Community (IC) highly desired
Vacancies for this position are being filled with the most qualified candidate for this opportunity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results