Valbin Corporation is a leading language and cultural service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence, and business sectors.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified candidate for an On-Site Assistant Program Manager position with an active contract supporting a DoD Government Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) Community customer. This position is located in Northern Virginia and may move to Maryland in 2016. Candidates will be evaluated to be placed in a contingency pool pending position opening.
Fulfill managerial functions and provide oversight to assigned contract employees. Perform as the Assistant on-site Point of Contact between Valbin Corporation and the Government customer. The APM will have oversight of the gisting and translation of items identified by Triage and specific customer requests for service, quality control of gists and translations, workflow for linguists, dissemination of language exploitation results to customers and national databases and the content of customer data bases. Coordinates with other government offices and elements to ensure the timely translation and dissemintation of files and/or documents of intelligence value iaw government priorities, requirements and SOPs. Assist government and contractor leadership managing the Deployable Harmony DOCEX Suite (DHDS) and other tools used in language exploitation as designated by the government. Ensure all subordinate contractor employees working on contract are able to successfully execute the tasks outlined within the Statement of Work for their respective duties within Language Exploitation. Responsible for coordinating Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) work tasks and activities in accordance with Government Priorities and Direction. Oversee subordinate management Team Leaders and functional areas performing Quality Control, Linguist screening and 24x7 Watch Center Ops. Ensure satisfactory delivery of performance of the work that is performed across assigned elements and activities. Ensure implementation and execution of the Quality Control Plan in responsible areas. Act for Valbin Corporation on contract matters when PM is unavailable relating to the daily operation of this task order as it pertains to personnel issues and DOMEX exploitation activities. Support the PM interacting with Government Points of Contact daily to ensure work priorities, manpower requirements, language needs and any problems are resolved. Perform linguist duties as required to translate, transcribe, gist documents and media files.
• Perform as Valbin Corporation Assistant on-site Point of Contact on all daily contract matters relating to delivery of services, manpower issues and execution of Government work priorities.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinate Team Leads to implement Government work priorities
• Produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and Speech (in both English and a Target Language SCRL
• Interact daily in a positive, professional manner with Government Operational Points of Contact, Linguists, other APMs, Team Leads
• Help ensure all Valbin and subcontractor company personnel meet and adhere to Government requirements for security, training and linguist work assignments.
• Ensure the 24x7 Response Cell operates in accordance with Government priorities for work assignments, manpower requirements, SCRL capabilities.
• Function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress; maintain a professional demeanor and functioning with employees, subordinate managers, Government Points of Contact.
• MUST have ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility; Active SCI preferred
• MUST be a US Citizen and able to pass a polygraph
• MUST be able to pass Language Proficiency Testing in English and a Foreign Language at the ILR 3/3 Level on a 5 point scale
• MUST have three (3) years previous experience working as a linguist
• MUST have three (3) years previous experience managing DOMEX operations
• MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
• Current or recently cleared and adjudicated at TS/SCI with the Defense Intelligence Agency
• Prior experience with DOMEX at the National Media Exploitation Center, TACDOMEX with Army G-2/NGIC
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Previous experience translating documents in Arabic, Pashto or Dari
• Previous experience with the Intelligence or Law Enforcement Communities to include NSA, DHS, FBI. NSA or CIA
• Previous deployment experience in the military or government service/DoD contractor to USCENTCOM AOR in Iraq, Afghanistan or the Middle East