Valbin Corporation is currently hiring CAT II/III Somali/Arabic who are fluent in both Somali and a secondary language such as Swahili or Arabic for a potential contract opening in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. The actual position is dependent upon customer mission needs.
• Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing objectionable material
• Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions, of general and technical material, consisting of hand or type written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material
• Scanning and processing a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by DOD/DIA customer
• Transcription, translation and general interpretation duties
• MUST have a DoD SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI clearance. Current active SCI is preferred
• MUST be a local linguist or be willing to move to the DC/MD/VA region
• MUST be able to pass ILR level 3 scores in Somali and English; secondary SCRL such as Arabic, Swahili in listening/speaking, writing and reading categories
• MUST have minimum one year linguist experience performing document and/or media file translation, gisting
• PLUS if a linguist has a DIA clearance, DoD military deployments to CENTCOM or AFRICOM AORs
If interested, please apply formally via the Valbin career webpage portal at http://www.valbin.org/content/careers to illustrate experience, language capabilities and qualifications and receive a formal review.