Valbin Corporation is a leading language service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence and business sectors.
We are currently seeking well qualified CAT II/III Pashto/Dari Linguists for a five year contract in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia with overseas deployment requirements.
POSITION SUMMARY: The well-qualified candidate will perform translation, interpretation, and transcription work at a professional level for a government intelligence agency. Examples of completed work include: reports, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication that may be informational or highly technical. Candidates must be able to perform in a formal office setting with a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES SOUGHT: Pashto/Dari
JOB LOCATION: OCONUS
• Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing potentially objectionable material.
• Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions, of general and technical material, consisting of hand or type written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material
• Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies.
• Scanning and processing large amounts of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
• Transcription, translation, and interpretation duties.
• MUST have at a SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI clearance. SCI eligible or active SCI preferred
• MUST be a local linguist and be willing to deploy
• MUST be able to pass ILR level 3 scores in English, Pashto and Dari in listening/speaking, writing and reading categories
• MUST be willing to deploy overseas for up to 6 months if mission need arises
• PLUS if previously performed DOMEX with DIA, US Army/TACDOMEX, FBI
• PLUS if a linguist has or has had a DIA adjudicated clearance
• PLUS if a linguist has background in one or more of the following areas of expertise: Counter-Proliferation, Cyber Security, Economics, Military, Religion, Narcotics, Science, Technology, International Relations, Geospatial, Legal/Law, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, or Medicine
To apply please complete our online application process at: http://www.valbin.org/careers.html