|Location:||MD - Bethesda|
Valbin Corporation is one of the Top 50 Woman-Owned Businesses in Maryland. Our mission is to provide Language and Analytic services, Intelligence and Operations support, Mission Readiness support and Battlefield Effects to the US Government and private sector customers. Based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area, Valbin has an established and on-going partnership with the US Government through its GSA Schedule and the Valbin Mission Readiness Support Center.
We are currently seeking a Proposal Writer to join our dynamic team and grow with the company.
• Support and/or manage all phases of proposal development
• Research and write original proposal content in response to various US government contract opportunities
• Prepare proposal outline, compliance matrix, table of contents, glossary, tables, charts, figures and other required information for proposal development
• Coordinate, manage and/or participate in proposal development color teams and daily stand-up meetings during proposal development
• Make all directed changes to draft proposal information; complete proposal Volumes to include formatting and numbering and ensuring complete compliance with government requirements
• Develop written responses to Sources Sought notices, White Papers, Unsolicited Proposals and other written documents
• 3 – 5 years of direct, relevant experience drafting coherent and cogent proposal materials for US federal government contract opportunities within the last 5 years; must be clearly documented on the resume with supporting references provided
• Must be familiar with Shipley’s methods for Business Proposal Writing
• Must be proficient in quickly reviewing and analyzing government solicitations and related documents to pull out pertinent information
• Must be proficient in developing compliance matrices and ensuring proposals are 100% compliant with solicitation requirements without guidance
• Must have a very strong/expert proficiency using MS Office products, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must possess excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Must have earned a minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred. An additional 5 years of directly related, recent and relevant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Direct experience with roles and responsibilities of Business Development, Capture Management, and Proposal Management
• Proficient understanding of the Federal acquisition cycle, especially within the DoD, Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement sectors
• Familiarity with Linguist Operations, US Army INSCOM and Department of State offices
• Working understanding of MS Project and SharePoint with eagerness to learn other applications
• Military experience as a Commissioned, Warrant or Noncommissioned Officer
• Deployment overseas in support of contingency operations
• An active security clearance
• Proposals : 3 years
Please note: Reference(s) covering the required 3 – 5 years of experience is/are required with your application. Reference(s) will be contacted to ensure duties of previous employment match the Responsibilities and Required Skills of this notice.
This position is based at the company headquarters in Bethesda, MD (Two blocks from the Red Line metro Station)
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume with reference(s) and salary requirements via email. Please include “Proposal Writer” in the subject title.
**APPLICANTS DESIRING FORMAL CONSIDERATION WILL APPLY VIA THE VALBIN CORPORATION WEB SITE, CAREER PAGE AND SUBMIT VIA ORACLE TALEO LINK. DO NOT APPLY VIA THE JOB BOARD POSTING***
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results