AFG Deployed Linguist
Description: Valbin Corporation is one of the Top 50 - Woman-Owned Businesses in Maryland. Our mission is to provide linguistic support, cultural sensitivity training, and project management and exercise support services to the US Government and private sector. Based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area, Valbin has an established and on-going partnership with the US Government through its GSA Schedule and the Valbin Mission Readiness Support Center.
We are looking for deployable linguists to join our dynamic team and grow with the company. This is currently a contingency announcement pending final receipt and approval of contract support to an Afghan-based linguist contract currently ongoing. Individuals are being sought to establish a ready-to-deploy candidate pool of AFG-based linguists capable of deploying upon approval to proceed with deployment to Afghanistan. This is a unique opportunity for those who are ready and excited to return to the Afghanistan Theater of Operations.
Location: Afghanistan 100%
Position Summary: Deployable Afghan Linguists are responsible for all aspects of support to in-theater customers expected to comprise military forces and government agencies at customer sites and military bases across Afghanistan. Deployable lingusits serve as direct support translators, interpreters and DOMEX professionals for deployed forces.
Main Responsibilities (**Anticipated under Contract Statement of Work)
• must have the knowledge, maturity and experience to work in a high-pressure, contingency-area deployment type environment in direct support of U.S military forces.
• Responsible for all aspects of mission support deployed inside or outside the wire throughout Afghanistan.
• Provides translation and interpretation from Pashto, Dari, Frsi and/or Urdu into English and vice versa. Performs document translation and audio file transcription as required.
• Is prepared to carry equipment and assigned TA-50 up to 50 pounds while on patrol supporting military forces potentially under hostile fire and arduous weather and environmental conditions.
• Responds to customer needs to meet with host nation personnel maintaining professional appearance and demeanor.
Required Skills (**Anticipated under Contract Statement of Work)
• DoD Secret Clearance Required/Top Secret Preferred. Interim Secret may be possible.
• Minimum 1 year linguist translation or interpretation experience
• Ability to complete all required USCENTCOM and DoD deployment processing for medical, dental, psychological evaluations and mandatory training requirements.
• High School Diploma
• Ability to attain Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Proficiency test scores of 3/3 in Pashto, Dari, Urdu or Farsi Target Languages and English reading, writing, listening and speaking.**ILR levels may change upon receipt of final contract SOW
• Top Secret clearance with CI POLY
• INSCOM CI-Focus security vetting within last 2 years
• Previous deployed linguist experience in Iraq or Afghanistan
• Prior U.S military experience
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results