Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is looking for Occupational Therapist for our Brand New, State of the Art Southwest Autism Center of Excellence (S.A.C.E.) program at Mesa Outpatient. This is a Monday;-Friday position with weekends off!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assessment and direct occupational therapy to clients of all populations.
- Complete Occupational Therapy evaluations to individual clients utilizing standardized assessments and/or clinical observations.
- Provide ongoing clinic and/or home based skilled Occupational Therapy services to clients based on their current medical prescription.
- Monitor clients' progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Write and Maintain proper documentation of information including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients in a timely manner, whenever acting as a therapist in the clinic, home, or community.
- Serves and protects the occupational therapy practice by adhering to professional standards and ethics, policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and national and state organization.
- Demonstrates a team-oriented approach with clients as much as possible.
- Collaborate with other professionals to create services plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapist from an accredited school.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of experience.
- Experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and other development delays including those with mild to moderate problematic behaviors.
- Current license from NBCOT (National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy)
- Current license from Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- Valid AZ driver’s license and Motor Vehicle clearance required.
- Must obtain or be eligible to obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required.