Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking a Recovery Support Specialist to join our Prescott Valley ORS Clinic. Work schedule is Monday-Friday 6 AM to 3 PM.
This position will assist staff to provide skills training, peer to peer support, case management, group facilitation and co-leadership, and non-clinical interventions for consumers. Provides hope and inspiration to adults with substance-abuse and other issues. Assists consumers with the development of living skills, external support systems, and linkages with community resources. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
- Requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D. College level coursework and/or Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Human Services, Counseling and Psychology preferred but not required.
- Peer Support or RSS training certificate of completion required within 90 days of hire. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health is acceptable.
- Experience with substance abuse, seriously mentally ill, and/or general mental health required.
- Current AZ Driver License and Motor Vehicle Clearance (clean driving record for 39 months).
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Related experience in behavioral health either as a recipient of services, a family member of someone receiving services or primary caregiver of a service recipient is essential to this position.