Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking a Housing Coordinator for our Mohave, Gila, Yavapai and Coconino Residential Programs. Works hours depend on client and site needs. This is an exempt position and requires flexibility in work hours and to be on call. This position will require travel throughout the Northern Arizona Region.
In this position you will be f acilitating eligibility screening and housing placement for individuals/families. Assists residents in achieving housing stability within a continuum of housing services. Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop individual housing plans. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
Duties and responsibilities Include:
- Performs intakes and screening interviews on potential residents.
- Prepares and maintains the leases of all tenants.
- Serves as the point of contact for rent collections and approval of payment plans (if any).
- Monitors the monthly rent collection reports and contacts residents that are late on rent payments
- Meets with residents in transitional (2x/month) and permanent housing (1x/month), minimum of once a month or more, to assess needs and ensure compliance with program agreements.
- Oversees hygiene and safety standards of all units; inspects apartments, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers; reviews emergency escape plans and unit up-keep with residents.
- Identifies unmet needs of residents, coordinates referrals and provides follow-up.
- Facilitates procedures for entering and exiting program and preparation of units.
- Consults with internal staff and external case managers/service providers in establishing goals and objectives; participates in internal and external staffing.
- Develops Individualized Housing Plans with residents.
- Intervenes in crisis situations and coordinates with other supports as needed.
- Consults with landlords and management companies, as needed or directed, regarding responsibilities to units and ensures that repairs are made.
- Documents consumer services provided according to agency approved clinical standards and procedures.
- Attends in-service and other training as available and appropriate to meet agency standards.
- Understands Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act and its application to residents and units.
- Possesses a valid Arizona Drivers License and reliable vehicle in order to conduct home visits encompassing a broad territory.
- Participates in community planning, advocacy and networking with other providers, as directed by supervisor.
- Shares emergency on-call duty as required.
- Assumes duties of Program Coordinator when supervisor is absent.
Education & Qualifications:
- Effective performance of the position duties requires completion of a Bachelor’s Degree Program, plus a minimum of five years directly related experience, or equivalency.
- Experience working in supported housing
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- A thorough academic and working knowledge of programs, housing, strategies and procedures applicable to the target population.
- Possesses sensitivity to ethnic and cultural issues of the community served. Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to consumers and associated professionals.