Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join our Risk Management Department! Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
As a Risk Analyst, you will identify and research trends, analyze data, and prepare reports and presentations for Risk Management, the Chief Medical Officer, and other internal and external stakeholders. Investigate incidents, identify root causes, and ensure proper resolution and follow up. Complete postmortem chart audits and identify concerns. Must possess advanced Microsoft Office skills including Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; skill in statistical analysis; and experience with pharmaceutical research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collects, audits, validates, and analyzes data from multiple areas; identifies trends by site, program, and region
- Works with site and program leadership to ensure documentation, processes, and procedures reflect compliance with internal and external requirements as well as exceptional customer service
- Implements research initiatives to measure change based on interventions
- Collaborates with leadership to identify and address quality of care concerns and methods of reducing risk
- Conducts postmortem chart audits; presents findings to IRB; follows up on agreed-upon plans
- Updates incident report database with all supporting documentation, ensures concise yet thorough data entry
- Contributes as a team member to the goals/objectives of Risk Management
- Advises supervisor of progress and possible problems
- Identifies need for further research initiatives/inquiry and tracks identified trends and concerns
- Monitors actions taken and outcome measures after initiation of internal, RBHA, or state required CAPs
- Reviews and analyzes site and program data for timely and thorough resolution of concerns; collaborate within and across departments to ensure root causes are addressed
- A High School Diploma plus two or more years related experience conducting and presenting research, data analysis, and chart audits, preferably in the field of healthcare/human services or the behavioral and social sciences
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including visual and mathematical functions in Excel and related programs
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, statistical models from a health care/business perspective
- Exceptionally detail oriented, with ability to quickly identify and correct errors in data sets
- Demonstrated ability to identify trends on a broad level
- Skill in working with different teams and stakeholders and supporting multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication, positive problem solving abilities, and customer service.
- Associated degree in related field
- One or more years’ experience with Risk Management, Utilization Review, and/or Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement within a healthcare environment. An equivalent combination of education and related experience totaling four years is acceptable.
- Familiarity with electronic health records
- Understanding of ADHS, DBHS, and the RBHA system as they relate to public behavioral health services
- Experience in applying required skills and duties in a not-for-profit healthcare environment