Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for RNs and LPNs to help provide services for our Mohave County Outpatient Clinics (inludes Kingman, Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City). Work hours are as needed.
As an RN/LPN with SBH, you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. This position performs nursing assessment in service participants at work site, accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and coordinates medical care with psychiatrist and PCP along with supervising clinical staff. Some other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contacts NARBHA regarding service participant care as needed.
- Completes a nursing assessment on all SMI/SA service participants annually or more often as needed.
- Obtains and attaches service participant identification.
- Works closely with program coordinator on treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of service participants for medical care.
- Manages and monitors care of service participants.
- Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State Regulations.
- Takes leadership role in management of service participant treatment.
- Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
- Provides methadone dosing to clients as authorized by medical prescriber on staff.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Experience in EMR is required.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basis computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.