Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently seeking RNs and LPNs to provide services for our Prescott Valley Outpatient and Opioid Recovery Services Clinic. Positions are PRN status and work hours are as needed. This position is not eligible for benefits.
As an RN/LPN with SBH, you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team. This position performs nursing assessment in service participants at work site, accepts medication orders from physicians and executes it. Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and coordinates medical care with psychiatrist and PCP along with supervising clinical staff. Some other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contacts NARBHA regarding service participant care as needed.
- Completes a nursing assessment on all SMI/SA service participants annually or more often as needed.
- Obtains and attaches service participant identification.
- Works closely with program coordinator on treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies need for medical attention, alerts physician of medical concerns and coordinates referrals of service participants for medical care.
- Manages and monitors care of service participants.
- Oversees and maintains medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State Regulations.
- Takes leadership role in management of service participant treatment.
- Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Collects blood or urine specimens and arranges transport to lab as ordered by physician.
- Provides methadone dosing to clients as authorized by medical prescriber on staff.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Experience in EMR is required.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred. Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form. Basis computer skills needed to communicate through e-mail and written reports.