Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for experienced Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) who are driven to bring new meaning and enhanced quality of life to the daily experiences of our consumers.
Full-time Positions are currently available with 7AM-3PM, 3PM-11PM and 11PM-7AM shifts at various locations across the valley. Shift differential offered for working evening and overnight hours.
As a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) you will provide screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential or crisis recovery treatment location. You will have the opportunity to contribute to and create a recovery based environment where consumers area given the opportunities to lead satisfying and productive lives.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, an Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR a bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of relevant experience in behavioral health. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling four years is acceptable.
- Valid AZ driver's license and MVR clearance is required. Three years of driving experience is required. A 39 month MVR is required for you to have at the time of your interview.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements).
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis.
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.