Position: WASH Program Manager (Surge Roster/Interim)
Location: Asia, Africa or Middle East
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program management, supervision, administration and implementation of a WASH project.
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
About Surge Roster/Interim Positions at RI: We are currently accepting applications for Surge Roster/Interim positions for short-term assignments (varying from weeks to months) to manage periods of transitions within Relief International or when an emergency occurs.
Occasionally, Relief International has a need for various interim positions including the following throughout the three Regions that Relief International services, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Country Director
- Operations Manager
- WASH Program Manager
- Program Managers
- Protection Technical Officer/Manager
- Finance Manager
- Health Program Manager
- Education Program Manager
- HR Manager
If you are interested in short-term assignments and would like to be considered for our future Surge Roster/Interim positions, please apply below.
WASH RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide quality control of WASH interventions.
- Build the capacity of RI and RI’s partner(s) staff in WASH implementation.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of teaming partner and other actors involved in the program, including needs assessment and technical handling of water treatment plants through a remote management modus operandi.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed.
- Advise Program Director regarding activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall guidance and direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Maintain effective communication with donors and other organizations operating in country, for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Participate in NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
- Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments and proposal development inputs and writing as indicated.
- Deliver consultancy report at end of assignment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with RI’s Global Support Office with regard to day-to-day implementation and management of matters relating to the program agreement;
- Report on a minimum of a weekly basis on progress of program implementation to the donor;
- Ensure quality control of overall program implementation;
- Oversee and manage all staff working for the program, including short or long-term consultants;
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of teaming partner and other actors involved in the program;
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators;
- Ensure that activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary;
- Providing overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives;
- Establish and maintain systems for program operations in accordance with RI policies and procedures;
- Provide guidance to staff on all issues related to program implementation;
- Oversee that key program activities are achieved per program budget, timeline and donor requirements;
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and financial reports to RI Global Support Office as per the grant agreement;
- Maintain effective communication with RI’s GSO regarding program implementation;
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience;
- Minimum of five years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting;
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the WASH sector;
- Solid background and knowledge of UN Rules and Regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- English is required;
- Strong English writing skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
2. Cover letter and let us know your rate, desired length of assignment, what country or countries you will not work in.
3. Three professional supervisory references (with contact information)
4. Your date of availability.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation