Title: Reporting, Grants and Communication Officer
Location : Jordan
Supervisor : Country Director
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
RI is seeking for a short term assignment to support the RI Jordan humanitarian project portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to grants management, program development, communication and information management, as well as assisting programs team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Help the programs teams in the analysis and explanation of data collected from the field and provide management reports required by donors and RI Jordan;
- Responsibility in the preparation, quality assurance and compliance, and submission of donor reports;
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents and other narrative reports, assessments, and studies, as needed;
- Develop and maintain the program documentation process in collaboration with other departments, including M&E;
- Provide thorough progress reporting, continuous analysis of the achievements;
- Facilitate project review, evaluation and audits;
- Contribute to program and project development, work with Regional PD, when required;
- Support RI external representation to donors, UN, and other stakeholders;
- Facilitate advocacy and communication processes across all humanitarian programming;
- Improve information management across emergency and humanitarian programming portfolio, including through communication with communities and 2-way feedback mechanisms.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum requirements:
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, Middle East Studies, communications, journalism, social sciences or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors;
- Familiarity with donor regulations, ability to understand and adjust to the donor contractual requirements ;
- Experience in communication, reporting, documentation, publication in relation to INGO/Humanitarian sector;
- Excellent written and spoke English skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Experience in emergency response and conflict/IDP setting desired.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation