Position: IT Support Analyst, Financial Systems (Netsuite)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Director, Financial Systems
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Position Summary: The IT Support Analyst provides data management and end-user support for an organization-wide ERP system and related programs. He/she will work with staff, end-users, and the Financial Systems Director on data imports, user assistance, training, and software/configuration changes.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Field requests for support from end users and resolve or escalate appropriately and timely.
- Work with staff of organizational units to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and understand specific requirements such as forms of data input, how data will be summarized and used, formats for reports, etc.
- Work with technical resources to develop, test, and document software in order to implement and maintain an operational system.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT/Finance staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, ensure that requirements documentation is easily understood, and that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
- Ensure pertinent system, user guide, and training documentation are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Performs other information technology and business analysis duties as required to support assigned enterprise systems.
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business/operations analysis, MIS, Accounting or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related positions or equivalent work + education experience will be considered
- Comfort with basic principles of accounting
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with Netsuite
- Familiarity with ERP implementation and configuration is a bonus.
- Strong English skills, speaking, reading, writing are required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation