SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Production Manager is responsible for all elements of the production for each assigned project/event from start to finish and for executing the approved production-specific Scope of Work in support of client goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include supervision of other producers, production assistants and production coordinators, depending upon the size and complexity of the project/event and may involve running multiple projects/events simultaneously at various stages of activation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- All day-to-day production activities including the creation, management and reconciliation of task/timelines and budgets, client status meetings and calls, and overall project quality.
- Branding and fabrication (or “set building”) plan creation, management,and execution.
- Coordination of internal teams and external crews/vendors.
- Strong experience collaborating with other internal teams (Account, Creative, Design, Digital, Administration, etc.)
- Work very closely with internal account counterpart to ensure the high quality and smooth operation of overall production and that all key deliverables are met to the client’s satisfaction.
- Manage the procurement, safeguarding, and utilization of all physical components of event activations.
- Manage project production communications and documentation of any issues, changes, or required performances that impact the projects in an efficient, professional and courteous manner, maintaining high standards for quality at all times.
- Secure all applicable insurance and permitting as needed.
- Serve as primary Production team contact throughout project/event with internal and external account teams.
- Provide in-house expertise, as needed for other internal production staff.
- Source new vendors and manage the bidding process.
- Close coordination and management of appointed vendors and suppliers.
- Manage and lead all crew and staff on site, including managing and controlling all Load Ins and Load Outs.
- Build, manage, and reconcile all production budgets and prepare post event analysis of production.
- Production of detailed operational plans including servicing and delivery schedules, load in and strike schedules, accessibility, on-site communications, weather preparedness and contingency planning.
- Create, manage and carefully track detailed event and operational timelines.
- Produce reports and post event evaluations.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, business administration, or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years direct experience in producing marketing promotions and events, experiential agency experience preferred. Must have a strong onsite production background.
- Existing vendor relationships and experience with bidding process.
- Additional Experience in at least one specialized area out of the following: audio/video/lighting, mobile marketing tours, set fabrication, sports event activations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access)
- Smartsheet, Quip, Google Docs, Trello, or other project management toolss.
- Strong manager with great planning, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong client/customer service experience and focus.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic team work environment.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).