Help Desk / IT Support Specialist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Help Desk / IT Support Specialist is tasked with ensuring all OBE offices and personnel have the necessary tools and resources to operate and employ appropriate interoffice and intra-office communication methods and systems, and provide user support, software management and maintenance. This person will also ensure that data and information assets are adequately protected and secure, and to provide management of the company's information technology infrastructure supporting our business. Currently, there are 3 office locations, plus many users work remotely 1 or more days/week. This person will report to the head of the IT department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
IT Department General: (20%)
· Maintain and update department operations manual.
· Overall management of the company's information technology infrastructure supporting our business
· Establish acquisition and maintenance system for company assets.
· Manage existing contracts and cloud-based applications. Ensure all subscriptions are proper and current.
· Provide input and manage approved IT Department budget.
· Ensure cost efficient and appropriate applications acquisitions through proper comparison/research, negotiation and implementation.
· Implement and manage an appropriate customer ticket system for the technical support function.
· Manage selection process for new systems and applications.
· Source, negotiate and purchase new computer equipment and peripherals based on business needs and according to computer aging/upgrade and maintenance program.
· Manage establishment and access to email accounts, through cloud based and internal systems.
Help Desk/In House Technical Support: (50%)
· Provide in house technical support to all employees, including temporary employees, in the office and in the field as needed. We are a predominantly Mac users, but we have a fair amount of Windows/PC users too.
· New employee computer configurations as requested and approved by management
· Coordinate onboarding of new hires by requesting new equipment, if necessary, new application subscriptions, etc.
· New Employee training on company systems
Hardware/Software Systems: (15%)
· Analyze and provide needs assessment for IT software and network solutions based on current and future company needs.
· Source, negotiate and manage acquisition of new computer equipment and software applications as needed.
· Create and maintain incident response plan and establish policies and procedures for plan.
· Maintain all computer, Internet and office machines to ensure they are installed and working properly.
· Perform a full inventory of connected devices and ensure default passwords and settings are changed.
Vendor Management: (5%)
· Source, negotiate and manage all IT vendor partners to deliver the services required to support our business system needs. This includes services such as, Internet, email, file storage, telephones and voicemail, conference room AV, computers and mobile equipment.
· Manage the company wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. This position is responsible for assessing current security capabilities, identifying required adjustments and changes, and leading the efforts to implement the actions needed to elevate the company's security capabilities. This person will perform technical risk assessments over: Information security, Privacy, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure, Emerging Technologies, secure systems development, vendor security, IT regulatory compliance, PCI Compliance.
· Develop new as needed, and maintain and manage the training and dissemination of current security policies and procedures.
· Run vulnerability assessments on all office locations every six (6) months and make required changes.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration or related field.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Other Qualities and Skills
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results