SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are an exciting and innovative leading experiential agency with offices in Sausalito, Los Angeles and New York City. Due to our growth we are looking for a strong candidate to join our top - notch Operations team. This position will primarily support the Sausalito (HQ) office and assist in support of our other two offices, plus occasionally support some projects and events in the field.
As our Help Desk / IT Support Specialist you will help ensure our OBE offices and our personnel have the necessary tools and resources to run our business. You will help them operate and employ the right interoffice and intra-office communication methods and systems and will provide user software and hardware support. You will also help ensure that data and information assets are adequately protected and secure.
We are 95% Mac users with a handful of Windows/PC users.
This position reports to the head of the IT Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Help Desk/In House Technical Support: (50%)
- Provide in house technical support to all employees, including temporary employees, in the office and in the field, as needed
- Become the SME in the OBE Service Desk ticketing system
- New employee computer configurations and introduction to company systems
- Request new equipment and application subscriptions for employees.
IT Department General: (20%)
- Maintain and update department operations manual
- Assist in overall management of the company's information technology infrastructure
- Maintain accurate inventory of OBE’s IT assets
- Manage user accounts for all OBE systems, cloud-based applications and subscriptions.
- Provide input for the IT Department budget
- Help research and implement new systems to support OBE’s business processes
- Complete purchases of equipment and software.
Hardware/Software Systems: (20%)
- Assist IT Manager in preparing needs assessment for IT software and network solutions based on current and future company needs
- Maintain computer, Internet and office machines to ensure they are installed and properly working
- Assist in maintaining ongoing inventory of IT assets for office.
Vendor Management: (5%)
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships to support business needs.
- Respond to security notifications and requests, as needed.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support field service engineer for hardware acquisition and installation needs on assigned projects, as needed.
- Other project assignments as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Associates Degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- One to Three (1-3) years of experience in information technology, primarily Help Desk/Tech Support
- Experience with TCP/IP networking
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred, preferably in advertising or marketing. Event marketing a plus.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including reading and understanding Master Service Agreements, assisting in negotiating agreement terms, and selecting appropriate vendors or services.
- Experience in the assessment, direction, management and implementation of software and system solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment - a must!
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of security principles, procedures, policies and best practices.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking in front of small to medium sized groups
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel within an organization
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced creative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience using an IT Support Helpdesk ticket system, such as Service Now or Zendesk
- Strong knowledge of office system and software configurations, best practices, specifically Microsoft Office Products, including Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of encryption both at the file and machine level
- Ability to maintain general software inventory ensuring legality and tracking
- Knowledge of Active Directory configuration and replication
- Strong documentation skills, including Visio/diagramming software
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking and basic troubleshooting tools
- Malware/Antivirus Software and troubleshooting
- Client Backup systems
- Familarity with full disc encryption
- Power User in macOS
- Power User in Microsoft Office
Other Qualities and Skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must love supporting non-techy people
- This position may require travel to other offices periodically
- The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills, and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.