This mobile tour is for a natural food brand. Tour starts mid/late June through September (8-10 week tour). You will pair up with another tour manager who will be the Operations Tour Manager. Tour teams welcome to apply. PRIOR MOBILE TOUR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
POSITION TITLE: TOUR MANAGER - Chef
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Tour Manager - Chef, you will be responsible for working closely with the brand and On Board Experiential Marketing to ensure that the mobile tour provides the highest level of customer service and authentically connects with the local target demographic at various locations across the country, to introduce, promote and educate consumers on the client’s products.
The mobile campaign is designed to build awareness and increase sales by offering engaging experiences. As a Tour Manager, you will be responsible for managing tour staff, such as Assistant Tour Managers and Brand Ambassadors, as applicable, to ensure that the highest level of customer service and brand authenticity is achieved through the tour. The Tour Manager acts as an advocate by representing the brand with positive and enthusiastic support for the product at all times.
The Tour Manager demonstrates strong communication skills, is extremely conscientious, detail-oriented, and capable of being decisive and Tour Managers live a “green” lifestyle, are people-oriented, customer-service driven, and are familiar with the target demographic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary field authority managing event tour logistics and activations.
- Lead on-site sampling activations, including maintenance of mobile food kitchen, food preparation, setup-up and breakdown of all assets.
- Manage Assistant Program Manager and all kitchen staff for each event as to setup and execution.
- Communicate with specific event organizers on the tour to ensure production needs (power, water, parking, location, etc.) are met, and arrange appropriate adjustments to ensure optimum placement and activation activity.
- Coordinate with local health departments and commissaries to ensure all city/state regulations are met to ensure successful execution of events.
- Hire appropriate tour brand ambassadors from staffing agency, through proper hiring procedures
- Maintain drivers log books and vehicle inspections/maintenance to ensure the program is operating safely and in compliance with DOT, FMCSA, and Health Dept regulations
- Oversee training of brand ambassadors according to OBE and client guidelines, including food handling safety training.
- Source events and work with the team to find smaller opportunities by being intimately tied to their communities and ensure all events the team is attending host our target demo.
- Recommend adding or deleting events that meet or do not meet the goals of the program.
- Determine optimum mix of product and ingredients needed for each location and make recommendations to OBE for adjustments to inventory at events to ensure expected sampling numbers are met.
- Manage travel between markets, book hotels, rental cars, vehicle parking storage, and meals
- Maintain and repair tour assets (tents, collateral, vehicles, equipment). Source equipment as needed.
- Ensure proper food standards are maintained at all times.
- Attend all scheduled calls and meetings with OBE and brand
- Submit quality event reports and recaps, including event photos and quantitative data.
- Provide feedback on tour staff.
- Provide end of tour wrap up reports as requested.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Particular for each mobile tour program.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Culinary Arts
- Experience and/or interest in natural health and lifestyle preferred
- 2-4 years of culinary training
- 2-3 years working in or managing a commercial kitchen and catering preferred
- Experience driving large vehicles, box trucks preferred
- Previous experience managing kitchen staff and motivating teams for best results
- On the road tour experience and event production, including food truck experience and mobile tour management preferred
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), email, and photography skills – active knowledge and use of social media.
- Must be able to write quality event reports, including event photos and quantitative data
- Excellent communication skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage consumers and team members.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Able to commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to demonstrate leadership while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
- Holistically healthy – presently involved and/or familiar with the healthy family community is preferred
- Able to work varied business hours, including weekends
- Must pass an DMV check, Background & Drug Screens
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and medical certification required
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time, in market
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Minimum age requirement is 21.