SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Account Manager is an integral part of the Account Team, serving as an important, and often the primary, liaison with clients. This person is responsible for the successful management and execution of specific projects and events, which includes accountability for financial and operational performance, and allocation and utilization of personnel and all internal and external resources. Bringing consistent leadership and support the Account Manager ensures that programs and marketing strategies are properly developed and executed to successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services in accordance with client objectives and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the planning, development, activation and wrap up stages of projects/events, both in the office and on-site.
- Through collaboration with internal teams (Creative/Strategy, Production and Digital), and discussions with key client decision makers, develop project plans and budgets within key deliverable dates and agreed upon scope of work.
- Prepare presentation decks, meeting agendas and meeting notes in PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Drive all client activations and project/event activities assigned and ensure that they are planned, developed, staffed and executed with the utmost in professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and/or supervising other account personnel and/or external teams
- Help to provide forward thinking and extensive and insightful analysis of client messages to develop innovative and fresh ways to deliver client’s message and enhance their presence in consumers’ eyes, including various marketing tactics such as digital and social media.
- Help drive new business development activities, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients to further penetrate the target market segments.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for internal and external account teams to ensure client deliverables and timelines are met. Manage client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
- Provide motivation, leadership, mentoring and management to account team staff for continued development and superior client service.
- Remain current with industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Weekly meetings with key stakeholders
- Daily tracking against action items with appointed owners
- Updating client on weekly (or daily) status for event planning
- Work back
- Creation of timeline
- Tracking Approvals
- Ensuring all associated teams are tracking against work back
- Communicating updates with key stakeholders and all associated parties
- Runner communication management and tracking (for both internal JPMC teams and external registrations)
- Onsite oversight for execution of approved brand messaging
- Ensure event content updates are submitted
- Create and maintain Series metrics (participations, client engagement, etc.)
- Liaison and oversight for Series wide PR onsite needs
- Liaison and oversight for event Photography and Videography shot lists
- Update event Run of Show and announcer’s scripts (from approved template).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 4- 7 years of experience in marketing, promotions, and/or events. On-site event management experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Account Lead, being primary point of client contact.
- Experience managing experiential activations for sports related events.
- Experiential marketing agency experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple duties with competing timelines.
- Strong customer service/client focus.
- Creativity and forward-thinking individual with very strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and create timely and effective solutions.
- Ability and common sense to effectively and timely communicate issues to appropriate parties.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience managing program financials and forecasts.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office, Keynote, SmartSheet, and Google Docs.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.