SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Creative Services Coordinator you will be responsible for managing the work flow of all creative (strategy & design) projects from briefing through execution. This consists of managing the creative process with the creative team and collaborating with internal and external partners to ensure the clients’ needs are being met with premium design and creative solutions. You will be a critical link between the agency’s account, production and creative teams throughout the pitch/project process . In addition, you will provide input to Account and Production Directors to forecast and anticipate client needs, and identify opportunities for the agency to provide additional services in areas of expertise. You will thrive in a high-pressure, constantly changing, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and tight timelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive multiple creative and design projects in various stages of development for successful outcomes.
- Assign work to creative team based on needs of client and projects.
- Ensure projects deliver on-brief, on-time, on-budget.
- Coordinate and monitor day–to-day aspects of projects including internal reviews.
- Knowledgably speak to both design and production details and needs.
- Support Creative Director with project resource needs, forecasting, and allocation.
- Familiarize self with each Creative team member’s skillset and work with Creative Director to adequately and appropriately assign resources.
- Maintain overarching project schedule for the Creative team.
- Manage contracting arrangements and database for all bench resources.
- Track creative briefs and work-back timelines.
- Participate in go-no-go and project resourcing meetings; Inform resourcing decisions for pitches and projects based on internal and bench skillsets and availability.
- Provide accurate assessments of available resources for initial project resourcing/go-no-go conversations, forecasting creative team allocations for the duration of the project
- Distribute action items and coordinate follow-up with team.
- Maintain constant contact with Account, Production and the Creative team to ensure clarity on all aspects of on-going projects and proposals.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with the Account and Production teams.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Brief team/designer
- Assist the Creative Director and make recommendations in assigning the design team
- Receive collateral deck & review
- Review work-back and make edits where needed
- Receive all assets for project
DAILY SCHEDULING MEETINGS
- Participate in regular design team huddle meetings
- Meet with each design team member individually to assess progress on assigned work and availability
- Participate in regular strategy huddle meetings
- Meet with each strategy member individually to assess progress on assigned work and availability
MANAGE CREATIVE REQUESTS
- Prioritize requests from Account, Production, Leadership and New Business
- Make adjustments to assignments where needed
- Assist in forecasting hours required to complete each project/request
MANAGEMENT OF CALENDARS
- Maintain master calendar for ALL projects
- Manage INDIVIDUAL project calendars
- Maintain PTO, Travel & Recovery calendar
- Forecast current and future needs for hiring contractors
- Negotiate (subject to approval by CD and HR) contract rates with individuals and agencies
- Plan briefing meetings
- Manage timesheets
- Manage expenses
- Manage invoices
- Oversee Procim budgeting and tracking
WEEKLY RESOURCE MEETINGS WITH CREATIVE LEADERSHIP
- Run utilization reports in preparation for meetings
- Update and review Project Schedule
- Incorporate any current and anticipated New Business needs
- Make recommendations on staffing needs
OBE BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Manage all deliverables and department requests
- Collect content for case studies and facilitate creation
- Help New Business team create capabilities presentations for new client pursuits and meetings
- Coordinate creation and distribution of new hire signatures, business cards, etc.
- Track PTO/Recovery requests
- Remind team of timesheet/Procim submissions
- Remind team of expense submissions
- Provide support for onboarding new hires as needed
- Assist the SF Office Manager with general Creative office management
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, account management, promotions, and/or events, including on-site event experience.
- Experiential marketing agency experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Attention to detail is mandatory.
- Excellent planning, communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Decisiveness and ability to make quick decisions that impact the Creative Department and operations as applicable.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Very strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Excel) and other frequently used applications (such as Keynote and Adobe Acrobat).
- Ability to work independently as well as with internal and external teams.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed both in the office and on-site for projects (some nights and weekends).
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Business sensibility to help guide the the most efficient use of billable hours and resourcing.
- Experience using Procim a plus. Not required.
- Meeting planning is a plus. Not required.
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.