This position can be based in either our Los Angeles or San Francisco (Sausalito) office.
In a world where recommendations, reviews and shares are the main influencers for people’s purchase decisions, we make sure our clients are at the center of those conversations. At On Board Experiential Marketing, we are builders of “I-gotta-tell-my-friends-about-this” brand experiences, from consumer activations to press events and from races to product reveals.
With teams in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Dallas and New York City, we create personalized storytelling experiences through environmental design and build outs for brands such as Nike, Activision, Beats by Dre, Bear Naked, Kashi, Morningstar Farms, Google, and Genentech.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Graphic Designer you are oddly versatile, detail-oriented and enjoy working across a variety of channels such as print, digital, fabrication, environmental, out of home and more. You are passionate about collaboration and want to work on a team that brings big, transformative ideas to life for a premium portfolio of B2C and B2B clients. You will work hand-in-hand with strategy, account, production, and creative peers to deliver against incoming assignments from inception to completion.
- Execute the design process from concept to full print or digital production of sales and marketing materials including but not limited to: presentation decks, product packaging, product brochures, event logos, promotional materials, catalogs, point-of-sale materials, sales presentation tools, direct mail pieces, trade show graphics, websites and apps
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and workshops designed toward specific outputs and solutions that address client’s strategy and tactical business needs
- Prepare digital files for print production
- Assist with print coordination of marketing and event materials
Los Angeles office or Sausalito office
Benefits of joining the OBE family
When you join OBE, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the OBE family, a group of talented and curious people who dream big, embrace change, and work hard but play harder. We pour our blood, sweat and tears into everything we do - and we love it. We believe that “good enough” is never the right answer, and as a team we continue to push the boundaries of what's possible.
Because OBE hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make our lives better so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan after 1 year of employment, with company’s annual Safe Harbor contribution
- Gym/fitness activity reimbursement
- Work from home Fridays
- Dog-friendly offices
- Sabbatical program
- Annual company offsite at a unique location
- Lots and lots of coffee
- Working alongside some of the coolest people you know
Knowledge and experience
- Strong portfolio of 2+ years in digital and/or print media. Relevant experiential/environmental/field marketing and experience design is a plus
- Ability to design for web based applications (not development) or interactive technology is a plus
- Digital illustration/mockup for conceptual presentations
- Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements
Education and skills
- AA or BA in Graphic Design, Design Communications, or comparable work experience
- Proficiency in the latest Adobe Suite of programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Basic familiarity with digital/interactive technologies (HTML 5/CSS 3/PHP) and/or additional design applications
- Fluid capability with Mac suite of programs including Keynote, and Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Qualities for success
- Passion for finding innovation within creative restraints
- Ambitious self starter with an eye for fantastic creative while maintaining productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent at managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Adaptability to whatever gets thrown at you from day to day
- Comfortable working within a variety of client or project-driven creative constraints
- Demonstrated work or personal experience or interest in technology, lifestyle, entertainment industries is a plus
- Passion for team sports and Texas football in particular are beneficial
Please include a cover letter explaining why your experience is specifically relevant to this role along with a link to your online portfolio. Like you, we want to make sure this is a great fit so show us your personal style and why you think your next opportunity is here at OBE.