SUMMARY OF POSITION
Have you done it from A to Z in experiential event production? We are looking for an experienced producer who has strong core operational skills for large scale experiential events. Experience in large participant level sports event activations and/or concerts is preferred. Are you the one? read on......
Not only will you be a production reference for all New York based projects, your initial focus will be for producing several events for a premium client. You will manage budgets and timelines, manage financials (tracking P/L) , manage multiple vendors, negotiate contracts, secure large scale venues, site planning, branding, manage staffing, work with local government agencies, ensure adequate medical, insurance, safety, security and permitting process is followed and secured, and manage a team to produce premium racing events. You are responsible for the overall quality of the events by working closely with internal and external teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
We'd love to hear from you. Interviews beginning immediately.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as primary Production team contact throughout project/event with internal and external account teams.
- Work closely with internal teams (Account, Creative, Digital, Administrative, etc) to ensure the high quality and smooth operation of overall production and that all key deliverables are met to the client’s satisfaction.
- Manage production related communications and documentation of any issues, changes, or required performances that impact the projects in an efficient, professional and courteous manner, maintaining high standards for quality at all times.
- Ensure staff executes at the highest level of professionalism and in accordance with company policies and SOPs.
- Establish and maintain best practices that meet client needs and provide continual improvement to our operations.
- Create and manage and meticulously track detailed event and operational timelines.
- Produce detailed operational plans, including servicing and delivery schedules, load in and strike schedules, accessibility issues, on-site communications, weather preparedness and contingency planning.
- Implement plans for staffing procedures, budget tracking, project timelines, critical paths, production schedules, Run of Show, meeting agendas, contingency and emergency actions, etc. created.
- Keep people informed on a regular basis any need for revisions to budgets and estimates to complete.
- Recruit, hire and manage production crews and staff.
- Liaise with public safety officials, municipalities and law enforcement agencies as needed.
- Source and secure new vendors needed as necessary in accordance with the company’s SOP’s and policies. This includes competitive bidding, negotiation and obtaining signed contracts.
- Monitor and coordinate performance of vendors.
- Manage and lead all crew and staff on site, including managing and controlling all Load Ins and Load Outs.
- Manage, mentor and motivate junior production staff.
- Submit all status reports, photo/digital documentation, and other evidence of production as required by Account team and Client personnel.
- Reconcile all production budgets and prepare post event analysis of production.
Bachelor Degree in marketing, business administration, or related field preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of direct experience in producing/managing large budget marketing promotions and events, preferably with at least 3 years in an experiential agency environment.
- Large event, big budget activations experience (ranging from 300K to 1.5 million), working with large fabricators and multiple vendors for complex activations.
- Very strong client/customer service experience and focus.
- Experience in large participant level sports event activations preferred.
- Must have an extremely strong and diverse experience base that directly applies to this multi-facetted, high demand position.
- Experience with MS Project, Smartsheet, Google apps, Slack, Trello or other project management tools
- Strong network of production personnel to tap for projects and events.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational, planning, managerial and client interfacing skills.
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative manner both internally, and with clients.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to manage projects/events within budget.
- Strong sense of purpose and sense of urgency in your work.
- Ability to work independently as well as with account teams.
- Strong Vendor relationships and experience with the competitive bidding process.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
Must be flexible, and comfortable, in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment.